frameset CAD $ 1650 (+ tax and shipping)
complete bikes start at $2650
The Montu Osiris: speed without compromising comfort.
The Osiris Way…
The Osiris is all about balance and adaptability. The geometry is that of an endurance road bike, but with 35C tire clearance* to allow for the ride quality and versatility of larger-volume rubber. Whether you want to ride road centuries, race criteriums, explore dirt and gravel roads, or plan multi-terrain epic rides with no certainty of what road conditions are like. The Osiris has the balanced ride you expect from a fast and light endurance road bike road bike, but it isn’t afraid to ride on the wild side.
*The actual tire width you will be able to fit with a reasonable clearance will vary depending on two things: your tire’s actual measured width and your rim’s internal width. We have been able to fit tires up to 38mm, but the sweet spot with the Osiris is 35mm. You will be able to run a slightly larger tire in the front compared to the rear.
You can also run 650b wheels with the Osiris and you can fit up to 42mm tires in 650b mode. If you want to run larger tires, consider the Montu Kopis.
Who is it for?
If your riding leans more towards the road end of the spectrum, but you want a bike that’s not afraid to keep going when road conditions aren’t ideal, or to do fast mixed-terrain rides on road and smooth gravel, the Osiris is for you.
If you want a full-steam gravel racer, bikepacking rig or two wheel size versatility, the Montu Kopis might be the better choice for you.
SHOULD I PICK THE OSIRIS OR THE KOPIS?
The Montu Osiris and the Montu Kopis are both very capable bikes, with differences that make them excel at different riding scenarios. Some of these differences are:
- The Osiris has a geometry optimized for responsiveness at speed and cornering agility, with shorter chainstays and wheelbase than the Kopis. The flip side of this is that the Kopis’ long wheelbase makes it a bit more stable in a straight line (and while potentially loaded with bike-packing gear).
- The Kopis has a monstrous tire clearance (2.1″ or 54mm in 650b). The Osiris has a 35mm max in 700C (see the above notes on tire clearance).
- The Osiris is more minimalist when it comes to accessory mounts. You only get bottle cage bosses, compared to the full mudguard mounts, top tube accessory mounts and fork blade mounts on the Kopis. If you don’t need those extra accessory mounts, this makes for a cleaner look for the frame. (keep in mind that there are options for mounting accessories, including mudguards, to the Osiris frame that don’t involve bolt-on accessory mounts, which we would be happy to advise on)
More questions? Still not sure? Please get in touch!
- Frame and fork
- Front & rear hollow light Thru-Axles
- Montu superlight carbon seat post
- Optional extras with a frameset: Bottom bracket and premium sealed bearing headset
100% toray carbon fiber
1050g in size 54cm
1x or 2x crankset. BSA threaded bottom bracket. Braze-on front derailleur. Compatible with all electronic and mechanical groupsets.
Five sizes: 51, 53, 54, 56, 58 (XS, S, M, L, XL)
- 27.2mm seatpost.
- Flat-mount disc brakes.
- Integrated headset – 1-1/8″ to 1-1/4″
- Internal cable routing and compatible with fully integrated cable routing (with compatible handlebar, stem and headset)
Want us to build you a Montu to your spec, or not sure what kind of components would best suit your riding? Get in touch with us and we can talk! No purchase obligation until you are 100% satisfied with what we can offer you. In-person bike and sizing checks are offered in Arnprior, Ontario, by appointment.
We offer two stock colors — Egyptian Gold or Montu Green (shown below). Both are gorgeous. By choosing a stock scheme we’re typically able to deliver your frames slightly quicker than non-stock paint options. If you want to have a one-of-a-kind paint scheme, we can offer you a fully custom option. You can choose the “Custom” option under paint in the order form for a CAD $350 upcharge. It is best to get in touch with us before placing your custom colour order so we can discuss the possibilities.
Frame only or custom build…
We offer the Osiris in the same stock build as the Kopis, in addition to a 2x build with a compact (50-34t) or subcompact (46-30t) crankset, the latter offering a more gravel-friendly gear spread with a 34T 12-speed cassette.
You can also purchase the Osiris as well as frame-only, or chat with us for a quote on a custom build.
Want more than just the frameset? We can build you the bike of your dreams!
While we offer what is most certainly the most affordable stock build for a bike in this category in Canada right now, we can certainly offer you a complete custom build in ready-to-ride form, pending confirmation of availability of the parts that you want on your bike. Want a fast and nimble endurance bike? Gravel racer? do-it-all machine? Get in touch with us to discuss the possibilities. No purchase obligation until you are 100% satisfied with what we can offer you.